Display problem (I know not knew)

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by cherihere, Oct 2, 2005.

1. cherihere

cherihere Geek Trainee

I am in display he.l I have tried everything...can't get to 800x600 or 600x800 that's how crazy I am getting..I have reformatted 6x..downloaded the drivers I needed still nothing. I got Everest told me my agp was not enabled but didn't tell me how to fix it I have stealth II S220 vers 1.31 tried to downdload that but it would only give me a partial download. I was told I have a cab file corrupt W9xs2210.exe and is the stealth I assume. I have downloaded a bios upgrade, I have downloaded the intel 82810e graphics controller without success. Oh I have a Intel Pent II windows Me. IE is flickering like crazy right now :confused: . I am lucky I finally got on line. I downloaded the correct chipset but no that didn't work....HELPPPPPPPPP this poor soul...
    Thanks

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Woa! slow down! try putting problems and thing u've tried in bullet points to make it easyer for us! (well im thinking of me really :))

Have you checked any bios settings?

did this system work before or is it a new build.

why are you using windoze ME!!!!! ~shock~

3. cherihere

cherihere Geek Trainee

Cheri

4. aji1217

aji1217 Geek Trainee

ok..soo...ill see if i can help ya a little.. need some clarification though.

did you do a complete format?

when you say you thought you had all the stuff to bring it back up..what do you mean? just the install cd? or did you make any backups of files?

do/did you have a virus scanner? if not try http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ - they have an online virus scanner(for free) to make sure your clean. just do the virus scanner, from my experiences their security and spyware scanners are crap.

do/did you have an adware scanner? http://www.lavasoft.com/ has a good free one as well..called adaware.
    just download and install it, update the definition files, and do a full system scan(not nessicary if you just formatted, but it may have been what bogged down your system, the adware and such) its a good idea to have some adware/spyware protection and im not sure yet about this new windows feature..maybe someone can help me out with this. dont know if ME supports it either. go with lavasoft if not.

ill do a little more research on the matter, get back to me when the virus scan is done and lemme know if anything comes up...

5. cherihere

cherihere Geek Trainee

Everest told me my AGP is disabled..possible it is the problem, but i don't know how to fix it. I used driverdownloads and it gave me the ones I knew I needed, except for the display adapter/monitor, because it was set to the standard driver, the only one the puter will accept/use. but the ones they downloaded would not load, the puter said they were incompatible to the system (bless their heart they did refund me). But were the same ones Everest said were right and the ones I had on disk that I saved and thought were corrupt. Without the display not going past 16bit and not going to 800x600, I can't even view IE without my eyes hurting or use any of high resolution programs. The bios is way out of my league, unless I can get step by step instructions. Thanks for any help.
    Cheri