driver instalation please help

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by calsonix5, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

a need to install the nvidia raid driver to my pc before i can install windows, but every time i try to install it it says that it cannot copy the file (nvidia.sys) a think. what should a do to fix this problem, or is there a different driver that i need to use. i can install the first driver that is needed, but thisnvidia raid driver is giving me problems, anyone help plz! thanks.

2. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

driver instalation

I would try updating the driver version. The nVidia's website should have the driver and instructions on how to do it.

3. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

driver instalation

the drivers that i have tried are from there, and they dont work, it keeps cuming up with the same error message, any other ideas of what it could be?
    i have changed the bios bit to RAID, made the driver disk from the cd i got with the mobo and it doesnt work. ??

4. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

driver instalation

hi mate what is your nvidia raid controller name, silicon image?, i had trouble choosing the right one from my driver cd, there's about 2 or 3, there is only one of them that works correctly for me

5. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

i have an Asrock AliveNF4G-DVI mobo and an nForce 410 MCP chipset, i have the drivers for this but the nvidia raid driver doesn't install from the floppy,i have tried all the drivers from the cd but i can't get them to work, but i am going to try something, i am going to integrate XP and the drivers and burn it as a bootable CD, do you think this will work ??, as i have tried almost every driver there is to install from the floppy buts it's just not happening.

6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

hmm very strange its saying that message, have you tried several different sourses? ie, drivers from cd, then from the net....... = same error msg?

hmm very odd. are you 100% sure its the right drivers. id try finding another sourse, maybe an eariller revision. or later rev

7. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

i have tried the only two that i could find on the cd, as well as some from the net, i will try some more from the net and see what happens, av been told by others to download ones that are about 30MB but i can't boot from the cd as it asks to be booted from the floppy, is there any way from booting from the cd, like unplugging the floppy drive or does it have to be from the floppy?

8. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

dude wait, are you installing winxp. if so it allows you to install raid drivers prior to installation by pressing F6 or is that wot your doing lol

9. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

yeah thats what am doing lol, i can install the nvraidco.dll and idecoi.dll the things that it requires, and it seems to install them fine, once it has installed them it asks for the floppy named nVidia raid driver, and so i put the one in with the drivers from the cd, and it sais that it cannot copy the file, the ones from the net say the exact same thing

10. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

ok dude i can only think of 4 reasons why its doin this

1. your floppy disk is stuffed is there any other disks you can try
    2. your xp cd might be currupt and the setup is faulty (causing it to do this)
    3. have you set up your raid properly in post? try re-establishing the array
    4. all files on the net /cd are currupt that no1 has reported (v unlikely)

-v v unlikely- mobo problems

try using a different floppy dude

11. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

kl, thanks for your help, al try reseting the bios and set up raid again along with a new flopy, and hopefully it'll work

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

wait if you get the exact message (part of it) ill have a good help search for you

13. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

kl, al be able to tell you at bout maybe 8.30 ish tonight, or you'll see it the next time your on,

14. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

the problem seems to be caused by the following file: setupdd.sys.

Tech Info
    ***stop:0x00000050(0xe54fb940,0x00000000,0x,0x00000002)
    ***setupdd.sys. - address f77c4b86 base at f779b000, date stamp 3b7d8507

this is what it says:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is propperly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows update you might need

15. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

try this dude, if no luck let me know Troubleshooting Windows STOP Messages

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

(following my previous message on page 1)

i got a comment about ram, try removing one of your memory modules and retry if it doesnt work try removing the other module

17. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Memtest86 - Memory Diagnostic Page

This tests your memory. Boot with this and see if you get any errors, less than 1 is what you're aiming for ;)

If you get any, test your memory in every possible configuration. You can also try to relax the timings.

I see you have Corsair memory.You should actually up the memory voltage to 2.7v, that memory likes it, trust me. I had all kinds of trouble running 2 sticks, and upping the voltage did the trick.

18. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

i used the memtest and there was no errors, i also up't the voltage like you said, it made no difference for my machine, someone else told me that it might be the windows drivers on my XP, that they might not be up to date for installing on this mobo, do you think updating these drivers would make a difference??

19. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well the drivers that come on a mobo cd are supposed to work with it, although they're almost always out of date.

Just to make sure you got the right ones, go on NVIDIA Home and download the "platform drivers" under the "nforce 430/410" category.

Extract them to a folder by executing the file and choosing a directory to extract to. Then you can cancel the installation.

Work your way through the directories: IDE\WinXP\sataraid and copy the content of this folder to a floppy disk.

Now start the Windows install, press F6 when needed and see if those work.

20. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

thats the drivers that i have already tried, i'm having too much trouble trying to figure out what is wrong with it and i dont really have the time right now so i have decided to sell it, what you guys think?

AM2 ATHLON 64 3800+ DUAL CORE X2
    Asrock AliveNF4G-DVI- mobo
    A-DATA 1GB DDR2 Memory 240Pin DIMM DDR2-667(2x512MB)
    ATI X600 256MB dual monitor Graphics
    200GB Seagate Barracuda HDD
    Standard Tower Case
    DVD-RW 16x
    Floppy
    New 500W PSU

i am asking £399, do you think this is a reasonable price??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.