Everquest 2 Problems

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Willz, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hi, I started playing Everquest 2, but the problem is, even on low settings, I am getting extreme lag, and the graphics are not very good looking at all, any idea why I seem to be getting extreme lag? I should be able to maxx this game out.

2. NeloForster

NeloForster Source of Exyphetadolamin

This is also happening with me too, and both our rigs are perfectly capable of running it on at least high quality settings... Will's card is ATI, mine is Nvidia, so we know it's not something relating to one manufacturer in particular.

I read up on various forums, seems there's an Nvidia driver back in the v60.xx days that solved the problem but I'm not really up for such a downgrade because newer games might have less performance as a result...

Any ideas why a high end machine has trouble running such a mid-end game?

Regards,

Mike

3. Willz

From what I have seen, it seems like its a Memory leak now, in Dark Messiah Might & Magic, when I turn texture settings to highest, there is a super slow down and lag that, and its a Memory leak, I think its the same with EQ2, memory leak with the graphics memory.

4. NeloForster

But that's impossible if people with lower end PC's can run EQ2 perfectly. I've gathered a ton of info about it and it turns out that EQ2 simply doesn't get along with high-end systems. The newest Nvidia card at the time of EQ2's release was the 6800 range and the latest ATI card release was the X800 range, both of which have terrible perfomance issues with it.

Right, I'm gonna install the older drivers and see if it solves the problem...

Keep looking for more info man, cause I'm annoyed with it too. If it were a memory leak, it'd effect absolutely everyone in the game, which it doesn't.

Seeya online later for some EQ2 action :D

Mike

5. Willz

:D

I just noticed also, an 8800GTS getting 60fps with all settings max, deffenitly something wrong..

6. NeloForster

That's probably down the the V-Sync synchonising it with the 60hz refresh rate of the monitor.