Fan compatability?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Exfoliate, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

The case I'm now looking at (I'm always changing my mind), the Thermaltake Xaser Armor has 2 120mm fans which I'll replace if I get it but it also comes with 2 90mm fans I believe. I'm almost positive they'll be loud so I plan to replace them too, except newegg doesn't have any quiet 90mm fans. Would a 92mm fan fit out would there be a problem? I could always buy 2 90mm Vantec Stealth fans but I would prefer to do it all from the Egg. It's full tower so there's a lot of room in there, but I may not even need the 90's? Let me know, thanks.

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

They should fit and most 90mm fans ive come across are very quiet bu if they dont fit you can buy these adapters-120~90mm,120~80mm and 90~80mm and so on, so the fan will fit one way or another!

edit: just looked at the case and the 90mm fans are 19dB and the 120mm fans are 17dB, thats pretty quiet!

3. Fred

Fred Moderator

A agree with pelvis about the sound of the fans. I have a friend with a Thermaltake case... stock fans. It runs pretty quiet. So you may not even have to buy new fans. :D

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Really guys? Sweet, that's super quiet, do you have a link? I'll probably replace the 120's as the airflow is almost surly crappy with that quiet a fan.

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I'd just see how the case does out of the box, and make any changes later so you don't waste any money

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah i agree with ninja, try the case out for a bit and see what its like, rather than going and buying a load of stuff and then realising that you dont need it as the case and/or fans are okay.

7. pelvis_3

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks guys, I guess you're right, the airflow looks pretty amazing in there and the lighting color is just fine. Don't worry pelvis, I believed you but I just wondered if there was any more pertinent info I could use. Appreciate it mate:)
    I'm loving the case even more now, it's got cool features up the wazoo.

9. pelvis_3

Did you check out the Kandalf case? (from thermaltake)

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Cool but a bit more pricey and I'm not into the whole big door thing after my experience with my Nemesis case. I'll check it out anyway though:)

11. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Xasers do pretty good dampening sound anyway, doubt you'll have any noise complaints. Awesome case, post pics!

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sure will when I get the sucker. looks like it's massive but I don't really care as it's aluminum so not too heavy, and the features amaze me. Good at dampening noise eh? Wow that is going to be one quiet case, 17 and 19db fans and a dampening case, ProcalX will be pround of me now.