Gaming Problem

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by SexiMexi9018, Dec 21, 2006.

1. SexiMexi9018

SexiMexi9018 Geek Trainee

There are 3 games that i have been having problems, and i have not really changed anything, they are Fear, Doom and Quake, Fear will not open at all, i double click it and nothing, and i click on the cd, the menu comes up and i click play and nothing, doom and quake open but don't load my saved game files, and i have uninstalled and reinstalled all 3 of them and still nothing.

2. NeloForster

NeloForster Source of Exyphetadolamin

Registry damage? Try and get a registry fixer and see if that makes a difference. I remember the last time this happened to me was because my registry was badly damaged.

Good luck,

Mike

3. edijs

edijs Programmer

I had a similar problem with Fear - only, that my screen flickered black once and nothing - no services started no nothing. Now it works fine. I don't know what's exactly what I did, but the registry thing might just work.

4. NeloForster

I'd say definitely an OS fault. It's unlikely that somehow all 3 games just became corrupt and won't repair by reinstall.

PC Tools - Essential Tools for your PC - Last time I checked, they had a free registry scan/fix

Good luck,

Mike

5. SexiMexi9018

i have done all this, and i used that exact Program and still nothing

6. NeloForster

Have you tried a system restore to the date it used to work?

Mike

7. SexiMexi9018

well i have not played it in a while so i don't know the exact date when it stopped working and i have installed so many other things that it would be a waste to guess back to the date, i know i'll have to if there is nothing else but i am still open to any other ideas

8. NeloForster

Google every process running in the background and see if you can find one that shouldn't be there. It might be interfereing with launching games.

9. SexiMexi9018

well i found it when i install FEAR there is something that pops up that i didn't notice, it says that FEAR is not compatible with my OS but that does not make any since, becuase it used to work fine so i know the problem but i need to fix it

10. SexiMexi9018

well i swept my entire hard drive and put everything back on and it worked so im all good now. thanks for all the help tho!