Geforce2mx400 problem

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Impeditor, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

I just installed a Geforce2 MX400 PCI, an' as soon as I did this, my DVD software stoped working (SoftDVD), it said that the software is not configured to run on my system....even though it ran on my ATI 3D ragepro (very old) very well, oh, and all the drivers are up to date ('xept the damn modem)...;)

2. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

Have you uninstalled, then reinstalled the DVD software since changing the graphics card?.

My GeForce2 MX400 worked fine with SoftDVD for me, although mine was an AGP version, so I don't know if that makes a difference.....although I very much doubt it.

3. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

No, I'm gonna try that now...hope it works...thanx:D

4. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

.....didan't work... I'm gonna re-install windows, an if that dosen't work, I'm gonna format the computer...:(

5. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

er....does anyone know if there is a SoftDVD site?, softdvd.com dosen't seem to be it...(re-instaling windows did not help:( )

6. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

7. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

er...theres a link to that site on the zoran site(original producer), an they (MGI) don't seem to have support for it..only some SoftDVD MAX6...

8. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

9. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

Yeah that's a really good site, but they don't seem to have anything on SoftDVD...an I found out that the problem might be that, in the installation, it can't install any of the SoftDVD system files (all dll's) and windows wont let me do anything to the dll's that need to be overwriten (mfc42.dll, mfc42.dll...) cause it sais they'r all in use...

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Have you tried going into safe mode and doing it?

11. k2bladesk8er

k2bladesk8er Geek Trainee

Check it out either boot it up in safe mode with networking (f8) or just safe mode whatever you prefer. I suggest safe with networking in case need of drivers. Delete SoftDVD reinstall it. If it wont copy over the dll's delete your temp folder in your windows folder. If that dont work bro than get another program softDVD isnt the greatest. Althought i have a DVD player on my TV so i guess its up to you

12. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

Thanx, installing in safe mode worked, got all the dll's on the HD...:)

13. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Impeditor, glad you got it to work :) with thanks to guys who helped you out !