General Help Needed

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by GS1986, Jul 21, 2013.

1. GS1986

GS1986 Geek Trainee

I recently made a few changes to my system and am now experiencing a number of different issues, my system now consists of;

Mobo: Asus M3a32-MVP-Deluxe
    GPU: MSI 7850 OC version (which I have now reverted back to Sapphire HD 5770)
    CPU: AMD Phenom black quad core 3.06ghz
    Cooling: Antec kuhler cpu liquid cooling
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 240GB *NEW*
    Case: Fractal Design R4 *NEW*
    PSU: Xilence 800w gaming power supply
    Displays: Dual display 1: Samsung Syncmaster 2: LG HD TV

Before the upgrades my system was running fine, once I installed everything in the new case and inserted the new MSI graphics card I managed to boot windows and install all the software on a new version of windows 7, however at least 50% of the time I tried to boot the computer I would get a series of beep codes and no picture but could hear windows had actually loaded, also the fan on the graphics card would spin at full power and create a lot of noise. I have now send the MSI card back to the retailer for testing and am hoping it is a fault with the card rather than compatibility issue, so I have re-installed my old graphics card and am not experiencing the same problems anymore when I try to boot, however now when I try to resume from sleep mode I cannot see any picture on either display and the led lights on all my usb peripherals will not light up.

Please can someone try to help me as I'm not sure whether or not this is a motherboard issue or PSU issue I believe it is most likely a motherboard issue.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Disable sleep mode !!! I never use any sleep mode or a screen saver.. Just use the desktop wallpaper.. It sounds like the new card was not good..
    Changing things around form one case to another can always have its problems.. I do it all the time.. You might want to remove the Bio's battery and reset your Bio's after changing any Memory or Video card.. This can solve allot of Problems..

3. GS1986

GS1986 Geek Trainee

Thanks for the quick response yes i'm hoping that the new card is faulty otherwise it'll cost me £40 to have it returned to me! I've never removed the battery on the mobo before, is it just a case of taking it out and putting it back in again? would i need to remove all the usb periperhals and re-insert them to get the drivers to install? it's frustrating to say the least, one thing i have also noticed since re-installing the old gpu is that when i turn the system on there seems to be an additional delay of about 5/10 seconds before i hear the mobo beep, is that a sign on anything?

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Yea! you just remove the bio's battery for 10 minutes then reinstall,,

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

remove and reinsert graphics card and all RAM and probs will magically go away

reseting the BIOS probably won't make much difference, but it won't do any harm because the mobo was working before transplanting it into a new case