Good Airflow Cases

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Vauhs, May 18, 2005.

1. Vauhs

Vauhs Geek Trainee

Anyone know of any cases that is spacy inside that looks decent? Trying to find a case with a panel door on the front, window on the side, spacy enough for good airflow.

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

what's your budget?

3. Vauhs

Vauhs Geek Trainee

Prob not over $200, I also don't need a power supply since I'll be supplying my own.

4. ninja fetus

5. Vauhs

Vauhs Geek Trainee

I like the Tsunami.... but I do like the temp gauge on the X-Dreamer. I know liquid cooling systems have them on it and was thinking on maybe getting one of those as well. Any suggestions on those?

6. ninja fetus

are you building a new computer? If so, Go towards AMD's 64-bit line and you won't even need water-cooling. I find water cooling pointless unless you have tons of money and wanna do it for looks. You can get air cooling that's just as good if done well

7. Vauhs

Vauhs Geek Trainee

Yes, I'm building a new comp. Already going for AMD 64..

As for air cooling, what do you mean by done well?

8. ninja fetus

cabling and system that does not restrict airflow, like neat cables and having air move easily from front of the case to the back.

9. Fred

Fred Moderator

10. stinkfing3r

stinkfing3r Big Geek

thermaltake xaser III has 7 fans. front door panel w/lock, and side window. very big case to but with big comes heavy. its not the lightest case out.

11. 420Slayer

420Slayer Geek Trainee

[​IMG]
    Got my stuff in today...the results are dramatic to say the least...4 vantec tornados move a lot of air. Also the thermaltake giant 3 cools my 6600gt to 30c below what my stock hsf did.

12. Cooper

Cooper Geek Trainee

Nice case. Although I have had trouble with thermaltake fans in the past.

13. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

4 vantecs?!?! wow, i wudn be surprised if you put the whole thing in liquid nitrogen now haha. but wow, u live alone? haha

14. stinkfing3r

stinkfing3r Big Geek

nice setup 420slayer :)

i added the smaller ide cables to. also added a fan that fits into your pci slot, its a dual fan that fits right under your graphics card.. they are like 10-20 bucks and i really recommend one. ill look for link to product.

15. stinkfing3r

stinkfing3r Big Geek

16. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

This is the case I am thinking of getting, good air flow with the turbine styled fan on the front, and its quite cheap.

http://www.xoxide.com/aerocool-aero...-jr-silver.html

Not completely sure if I will get it yet though, Might jus stick with my current Compucase 6A19 as its pretty good for cooling as it is.

17. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

a reli awesome line of good airflow cases are the Xasers, or the more expensive Lian Li's

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I got my EZ Cool case today! (model number 7104H)....£41 with a 400W PSU although i dont need it as got my own. The side panels and top panel are made with holes in the all over so good airflow, plus i have a large 120mm fan on the back.

There is a good cpu cooling idea as well, there is a tube fixed to the side panel where the cpu sits and a fan can be attached underneath it. This means the hot air from the psu is just sucked out of the side of the cse rather than circulating around inside a great idea i think and my average temperature has dropped since putting things in this new case.