Got a New HD LCD TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pelvis_3, Jan 12, 2007.

1. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Probably for the first time ever, I purchased something for use with something else. Today, I bought a new 26 inch Teac LCD television
    for AU$1599. Fully High Definition compatible with DVI, Component, HDMI (v1.3 I assume) and everything else.
    Along with the TV, for good measure I threw in a new HD Set Top box for AU$289.
    The complete tech specs are Here and Here if you want a look.
    I got this TV specifically for the PS3 and/or the Xbox 360 when I get them just so i can fully enjoy the full HD experience.
    Currently I can only watch analogue TV because my outdoor aerial isn't of the best quality, so the next step is a new aerial installation
    and some top quality leads. All in all, I guess I just wanted to tell someone in my otherwise boring life the ridiculuos amount of
    money that needs to be spent just to get full HD.
    The end.

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I bought a Samsung HD LCD TV 27 inch. Costed €799 (1037 US Dollar). The quality of the cable signal was poor. So I bougt a digital receiver from Samsung, costed €99 (129 US Dollar). Now I have a great video and audio quality. The PS3 will be sold in Europe in March 2007. I'll buy the 60 GB edition :p