having problem when installing xp

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by tefyn, Mar 6, 2008.

1. tefyn

tefyn Geek Trainee

hi,i wanted to install xp to a compaq v3791 notebook.but when i starting to install..the screen there return "doesnt find any hard drive in the pc"....usually dis problem i adjust AHCI to SATA in the bios..the problem will solve...but dis time i cant find dis features in the bios...anyone can help me to solve dis problem..?thx:(

2. AJAI

AJAI Geek Trainee

Hi,
    You need to install SCSI driver to install windows XP in your Laptop.Just go to Compaq's site and download SCSI driver for your lap, copy the files to a floppy.Now you must connect a usb floppy drive to your laptop and insert this floppy disk. Now insert your Win XP cd in your laptop's cd drive and start installation. The SCSI drivers from the floppy will be automatically loaded in between the installation of Win XP. Goodluck......

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

right, there are 2 ways to fix this problem

basically your XP disc either needs slipstreaming,

because, XP SP2 is not compatible with SATA drives, so, either slipstream your XP CD (a guide is here)

or you can press F6 when prompted by XP and manually install the drivers, however, it's much better to slipstream your XP CD to a blank CDr (legal)

also, your current system is only able to see upto 137Gb HDDs, if you already have a larger HDD, where you bought the system will have installed the SATA driver by pressing F6 at the beginning of the XP installation

4. tefyn

tefyn Geek Trainee

i've tried with ajai method....it's worked..:) ..but there have to driver for window xp...:( ..so at last i was installed it with vista.....

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

the driver will either be for an integrated SATA HDD controller, in which case you will find the driver on your motherboard manufactures website, if, you have a separate SATA card plugged into your system, the drivers will be at the SATA controller card manufacturers website

if you want me to find them, just ask (politely)[ot]LOL[/ot]BTW: i need to know the make & model ?

6. tefyn

tefyn Geek Trainee

u willing to help me donkey..!!:D ..wow...politely..okok....my dearest dockey....can u help me to find the driver for compaq presario v3791tu n v3614tu..please...hehe

7. donkey42

donkey42 plank

yeah yeah, i know
    don't act so surprised
    kiss ass[ot]LOL[/ot]

anyway, both models number appear to include a SATA controller

compaq presario v3791tu & v3614tu - SATA AHCI Controller Driver v 5.5.0.1035 A SP32478

BTW: i think the same driver will work for both

Source

8. tefyn

tefyn Geek Trainee

arrgh...how come the sata controller didnt work on compaq v3628..?the same problem i'm facing...i cant install xp into this compaq v3628tu,then i'm trying to install the sata controller with external floppy drive when i'm installing xp,but still return "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"...wat should i dio now..?:(

9. tefyn

tefyn Geek Trainee

oh..yeah....finally i solved this problem with sata controller ver 7.0....anyway..thx a lot to everyone for all the helps...:chk: