here be mine

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by phaedrus, Mar 20, 2005.

1. phaedrus

phaedrus Geek

Antec P160, excellent quality this case, i had a superlanboy before but decided to try this,glad i did

Attached Files:

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Yeah thats very sweet :)

loving the front panel

3. Addis

Addis The King

The front of your case is cool. I want one of those displays.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Nicely done. How long did the work take you?

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

That is one nice case:good:

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Insanely cool dude, the display is the shiz! You must have payed big bucks for this one though...

7. phaedrus

phaedrus Geek

well the case was pricey as for some strange reason it comes without a window on the side so that cost extra, the display is an Aerocool Gatewatch i chose that as it has a large display compared to some others. as for building it i just stripped all the parts out of my old case, cleaned them up and popped em in, the front drives just slot in after attaching some runners to them and the mobo tray is removable which makes life a lot easier.
    the lights are actually led's that i got from a car accessory shop (halfords uk peeps) then just wired them up to a molex and plugged in, a lot cheaper than buying them from a pc shop lol then just stick them in place with foam sticky pads, they are small enough to go anywhere in a pc
    the display can run either in auto or manual mode and monitors case, cpu, hard drive, vga (but i put it on the chipset instead to control that fan)
    im just SO impressed with the build quality of this case it is the best iv'e seen,really worth the money

8. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

looks cool, impressed with the lights :good:

9. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Pretty colors, massive cooling

10. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I had an Antec P160 - the case i used in my last system.

I to have to agree that its a very nice case, very roomy.

However, you mentioned build quality..

The case is quite tall / large as you will now, becareful not to put any weight or pressure in the slightest around the top of the case or around the top of the PSU area as its the weakest part and will litearlly bend your case out of shape.

I had this problem when i put a quite light 21" TV on top of the case whilst (just resting it on the case), whilst i was moving some stuff around, and when i came back it had buckled the back of the case & side panels, subsequently nothing fitted and the PSU was loose.

But, its a VERY nice case - it looks very nice, but i wouldn't ever delve into lights and stuff : /

I think computers should be inaudiable, whilst providing great cooling / good air flow, and should basically not distract you in anyway (ie lights).

:good:

11. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

How else are you gonna blind the guy next to you at lan parties :p

What are those oval shaped pieces on the window panel?

12. phaedrus

phaedrus Geek

as its an aluminium case i wouldnt put any weight on it at all, there again you should see what a super lanboy(my previous case)that was paper thin alu, i was scared to breath on that!!
    the oval shaped pieces are mouldings in the window producing a slight recess not any kind of sticker or other decoration

13. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Well the only thing wrong with my system is my 6600GT is audiable. (24DBa), where as the rest of my case is about a total of 18DB.

- Again i didn't exactly leave the TV ontop of it, i just rested it against it.

It should be able to handle that.

14. phaedrus

phaedrus Geek

i changed my 6800 cooler for an artic cooler (forget the exact name) which is a good bit quieter . got it from your favourite online store not too pricey either

15. icewizard2k5

icewizard2k5 Geek Trainee

awww man that looks exactly like mine i even have an aerocool gatewatch now i feel very unspecial :(

16. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

I like having my computer loud, I guess it gives me a sense of strength, you can really hear the power (2 Vantec Tornadoes on the CPU cooler). Also, mine has big rails on the top that are incredibly sturdy (you can pick up that incredibly heavy thing by them). Anyways, I need to go shut it down, the neighbors are starting to complain about the noise :p

17. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

the case looks a bit plasticky in front in real life, the top part

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah my case is made of steel and has handles to pick it up with, i wouldnt like to try to put anything heavy on top of it though, just in case..the only plastic on my case is the drive covers and side parts, these are not noticable and the rest is metal

19. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

as someone else called it, i also have a darth vader coffee machine

20. phaedrus

phaedrus Geek

as i use it for gaming i dont care about the noise as i usually have headphones on just to hear the enemy sneaking up behind and doing nasty things to me