How do I transfer files from computer to laptop without a HUGE keydrive memory????

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by notabikeranymore, Sep 12, 2005.

1. notabikeranymore

notabikeranymore Geek Trainee

Please help me, guys, I leave tomorrow afternoon for my holiday and I'd like to take some music with me on my sister's laptop. The thing is, it has no drives, only a USB connection.

I was wondering if i could just connect a USB cable to each computer and just transfer stuff onto the laptop as if it were a key drive? :confused:

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

You would need a USB enabled networking cable i'm afraid!
    Probably cost around $12~15

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yup, setting up a direct network connection between both computers is about your only other option. For the laptop, you have the USB network adapter or a network card for a laptop PCMCIA slot (any laptop in the past 5 years at least should have one or two). You'll also need to make sure your sister's PC has a network adapter in it, and if not, you'll have to buy one for that too. Lastly, you'll need to get a crossover network cable. Regular ones won't work for a direct pc-to-pc connection.