How To Get Ssd Psid From The Drive Itself?

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by xedge, Sep 27, 2017.

1. xedge

xedge Geek Trainee

Hi everyone,

I'm now looking for a way to get an SSD PSID (Physical Security ID) from the inside of it.

I know it is an hexadecimal identifier to lock the SSDs from piracy issues.

Supposedly from what I know, if you erase or modify the SMART Values on the inside of an SSD twice, it will lock down and will be unusable.

What I currently know is an PSID example combination algorithm.

Integer value variables are setted.

Each value is a random value multiplied by 65535

Then each value is converted to a Binary Variable with a length of 2.

Finally each value is concatenated and the resulting value is converted to hexadecimal.

What I want to know it's what language can help me to get this information and if there's any library I can use to speed up the process or if there's an algorithm to decrypt is value from the memory addresses, I'm using python 2.7 to code, but if I need to move that module in a separate application with another language, I'll do it. Also if there are some cryptography books I can read to guide myself or some way to revert the algorithm to get the original random number value.

I know my question may be too broad, but if someone could guide me to the correct way of getting this thing done, I would be very grateful because I don't really have an idea from where to start.

If I'm wrong on the forum where this is being posted, please guide me to the correct one.

Thanks in advance!