HOW TO - Make a bootable Windows installation using a flash drive

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by cube_, Jun 17, 2011.

1. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

2. Makcalable

Makcalable Geek Trainee

I have my tutorial on how-to-install-windows-7-or-wondows-vista-via-usb- I really think mine is more easier to follow, that one does look kinda messy ;-)

3. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

I always just copy pasted my installation to my external 500GB and it worked fine up until some time ago when for some reason it wouldn't boot up from bios. What's your method?

4. Makcalable

Makcalable Geek Trainee

Is that at all possible from an external hard drive?? don't think it is... Besides it would perform very badly, there are methods to have it running from an external drive but never tried it, any how my tut is for installing from a USB Stick... I find it is presented in a more clear/understanding way to when following the guide. ;-)

I would drop a link but it would lead straight to my windows support forum... not a good idea ;-)

5. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Yeah man, it worked! For some reason it stopped after a few months as if it became "unbootable" lol...

I don't see that as an issue. You can message me it though ;)

6. igennie5

igennie5 Guest

It is very easy to create a bootable windows on flash drive..create an ISO file of windows which can be done by power ISO and burn it on flash drive with lots of tools available on the internet for free...the flash drive is compatible with any computer and provides good
    Windows Support.

http://www.igennie.net/microsoft-windows-support.html

7. donkey42

donkey42 plank

there's an even easier way

just extract the compressed file / iso to USB with something like 7-Zip or Peazip