HP DesignJet 800 42"

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by Kurt, May 4, 2007.

1. Kurt

Kurt Geek Trainee

Right so at my school we have a HP DesignJet 800 42" in the drafting room and it is not hooked onto the schools network, it is connected to its own pc running windows xp via a USB cable.

It works fine and all but when you restart or turn off the computer the printers drivers are dumped...

Anyone know what would cause this?
    P.S sorry if this is in the wrong section.

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Can you explain that in a little more detail? What happens when you shutdown? What happens when you reboot and try to access the printer?

3. Kurt

Kurt Geek Trainee

Everything is normal when you shut down and restart its all standard no errors or anything. When the computer is turned back on and someone attempts to print something it says something about the printers drivers cannot be found.

4. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I will need more information I am afraid. Can you provide the full error message?

Also, have a thorough look in the Windows Event Viewer, under the System and Application nodes, for USB and printer errors.

You can find the Event Viewer like so:

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.

If you are feeling lazy, just export the Event viewer events and i'll look through them for you at some point

5. Kurt

Kurt Geek Trainee

I am afraid that I do not have access to this pc right now as I am not at school.

I will try to explain this a little better...
    So I install the HP DesignJet 800 drivers, print a test page... it works, then restart the computer, go to print another test page and it comes up with a drivers cannot be found error.

Also if you attempt to view the printer from Printers & Faxs part in the Control Panel it shows it as online and working but when you go to view its Properties it says something like "Drivers cannot be located, you will not be able to edit all aspects of this devices properties".