HP Pavilion DV6000 Battery.. eeeeh!

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by audio84, Apr 9, 2010.

1. audio84

audio84 Geek Trainee

Hi guys,

Just bought a brand new battery for my HP Pavilion DV6000 as my old one turned out faulty. This new battery has been flawless for about a week, but is having some problems lately. With the battery fitted and the laptop plugged in, it shows that the battery is 98%, plugged in, charging. However if I unplug the laptop, it will instantly turn off as if it was running off the mains alone. Surely if it was a problem with the battery, windows would tell me this? It can pick up the battery and it's charge no problem, but it can't run a second off it!

Would this be a problem with the new battery, or a problem with my laptop? Maybe battery drivers or something..

Cheers!

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

as far as I know there aren't any drivers for the battery as such - only some managing software layer, usually supplied by HP and preinstalled(-able).

anyways, I'd go with the laptop and the battery to the shop and show what's happening. The 98% mark sounds weird, so it may be the battery. Of course, it can be some circuit gone nuts, but that can only be told by some laptop-tech-guy who can take a good look at the piece.

3. audio84

audio84 Geek Trainee

Ah I get you. Got me wondering as well. Could well be the laptop because the last battery had charging issues. Well, it held it's charge for about a minute.. this one doesn't hold its charge at all. If it was the same problem I'd say it's the laptop, but the problems are different. Who knows, I'll take it somewhere and see what's what!