I just got new laptop and I'm trying to install new windows xp pro but I cant

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by miki1, May 9, 2009.

1. miki1

miki1 Geek Trainee

I'm using BIOS to boot from CD and everything goes well. And it sasy Expecting computer configuration... After that and some other messages blue screen comes out and says: "check for viruses on your computer. remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Run CHKDSK /F..."

How to fix it.

On laptop there is FUJITSU SIEMENS

2. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

boot from windows cd, do a full format, create partition, install windows and chipset drivers. see how it goes.

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

can you do a clean install of the OS ?
    also check any existing partitions on HDD for spyware / malware with both SUPERAntiSpyware & Malwarebytes

Edit: @ BoBBY: that's not foolproof against malware

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

What is the make and model of this laptop Please ? If it had Vista on it and depends on the make and model , It might have a recovery drive as well.. You need to remove both drive's first.. First of all, You will need a Windows 98 boot disk with CD support, Or some other disk to start the process...You need to (fdisk/mbr) first, to remove any boot loaders..
    Then you can try the Xp setup disk.. You might have a problem with getting all your drivers as well.

5. Puters21

Puters21 Geek Trainee

I think that is Vista in the center of his problem.

6. 0mega9401

0mega9401 Geek Trainee

take the drive out plug it into ur desktop assuming u have all the right tools for this just format that drive with a vengeance drop it back into ur laptop and try booting from the cd again