i prefer underlined links

Discussion in 'HWF Info & Issues' started by donkey42, Jan 21, 2007.

1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i've just placed a post with an URL, and i noticed that in the completed post the URL is no longer underlined but the URL still works, i personally would prefer the links to be underlined, so i know there is an URL there

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Links are still underlined for me :S

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

they are for me now:confused:[ot]did i imagine it ?[/ot]

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

:afs: :rolleyes::afs2:

5. Impotence

step 1: confuse hardwareforums members
    step 2: ?????
    step 3: profit!

6. Karanislove

Not at all..................:doh:

Its jst me being sarcastic...using alien smilies for Dave's deadly imagination...

7. donkey42

donkey42 plank

you pile-of-rock[ot]pillock[/ot]

8. Karanislove

:rolleyes:
    :agree:
    :rude:
    :2Mad:

9. donkey42

donkey42 plank

fortunately it's only deadly to me

glad someone else has a sense of humour[ot]DL ing gNewSense sounds good but we'll see[/ot]

10. Karanislove

:smash:

:beer:

[ot]
    I am getting 7.5MB connection with unlimited download limit... then u tell me all the distros n everything.....I will download all of them...;)
    [/ot]

11. Impotence

12. Karanislove

[ot]
    I will be changing that 7.5 Megabytes connection to 2MB after one month. Its jst I have joined a new internet company "Woosh" and they are giving me a free new modem which I already have so they said they will credit 50$ in my account and I said y not jst try the fastest connection for one month which is also $50 a month..... Ya I will download all the distros from the ...Please let me know the websites or direct links would be great coz I dont want to spoil any DVD..... When I will have all those distros then I will be with u in that list... :beer: as I would also love to help people in getting linux.. Thats something else that myself is on XP Pro..[/ot]
    @Impy, u made a thread sometime ago in which u stated that u have integrated a wireless card in your Laptop nd bluetooth and couple of more things then I think u might have an answer for this problem...I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 5150..."a design flaw has been found due to the positioning of a tab on the C panel on the underside of the laptop. Any pressure applied to the top left hand corner of the laptop causes this tab to be pressed against the motherboard and in particular the "LVC14A" chip. This causes the solder between this chip and the motherboard to be broken. This causes sudden shut downs of the system due to any movement of the laptop and in certain cases for the laptop to not boot at all."
    Do u know if I can soldier it again?? wat is c panel nd tab???

13. Impotence

C panel: Panel 'C' of the laptops casing

you will need to get yourself / borrow a nice soldering iron, but this should help you: Inspiron 5150 - Power cutoff, shutdown, crash when laptop moved or pressed

You wont need any experience with a soldering iron to do this, just remember to let it heat up first and keep your hand as steady as possible! (do not add anymore solder!)

here is a picture of your target: http://images.snapfish.com/3424;63523232fp3;=ot>233:=583=6:3=XROQDF>23236:3:782:3ot1lsi

good luck :)

ps consider photographing everything you do and turning it into a guide!

14. Karanislove

Thats really a good link....... I will try that and if come across any problem I will start a thread...........Thanks Impy! :beer:

15. Impotence

no worries, if it works send me half the value of a new motherboard :p (joke)

16. Karanislove

:stickout2

17. Karanislove

Luck is not with me..Exactly the same place where the problem is I have a wireless card(Its just some kind of card and I m assumin it as a wireless card :unsure:) One of the screw got fucked up and didnt open with any screw driver.. At last I went to dicksmith and they rekon me buying a drill machine.. SO I bought a drill machine and it didnt work either. I closed my laptop and its still not working.... So yeh, it shows that either that laptop doesnt wanna survive again or luck is not with me...Anyways! Thanks for the support Impy!