i915P (Grantsdale) Roundup

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Hot Hardware throws some LGA775 boards from Abit, Asus, and Foxconn through the test gauntlet.

Unfortunately, when it comes time to pay the bills, reality is more along the lines of a Honda Civic, McDonald's, a six pack (if you're old enough), and Ritz ers. If you're finding the latest round of 925X motherboards (characterized by Gigabyte's GA-8ANXP-D, a nearly $300 brute) too rich for your , consider a board that feature's Intel's 915P chipset. Not only is the 915P almost every bit as fast, but it also boasts the same new technologies and works with the same ICH6 controller hub.

Right now, Intel's new chipsets don't really offer anything exciting except a higher price and the introduction of PCI Express (PCIe) that doesn't really have a screamer for the new technology. Still, it's always good to keep up with the latest tech, and if you're an Intel guy/gal with a need for a major upgrade, the i915P is probably the best route to go. Either way, check it out. Or I'll send my midget mafia over.