Liteon PS-5301-08HA [HELP]

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by Necrofury, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Necrofury

Necrofury Geek Trainee

Hello everyone,

I realize this isn't in the support section but I couldn't find an appropriate area within the tech support section for my problem; if need be please move it to the correct location.

Ok so I'm running and HP Pavilion P3610f, harddrive failed. Did a smart test in the BIOS to determine that the failure of my harddrive was iminent. Replaced it with another Western Digital w/SATA 1TB 7000/rpm (around that), only difference from the old HD is the RPM. The new one has more.

Everything else in my desktop is stock. My problem is that with EVERYTHING hooked up, the pc turns on fine but I get no screen on my monitor, stays in standby.

The issue has been isolated to the 4-pin ATX12V that plugs into the box on the motherboard and gives a satisfying click to let you know it's in properly. It's also labelled ATX12V. It seems to provide power to the heat sync and the other internal fan.

If I boot the PC without the cord plugged in, I can hear the hd start up, the heatsync fan starts and the other internal fan starts. The heatsync fan and internal fan stop after about 7 seconds of booting without the ATX12V.

NOW - With the ATX12V plugged in, it's 1 short beep 1 long beep, repeated over and over, never stopping until I hold the power down to turn off my PC. I've read up and it says that beep message is an indication of memory error so I refed the ram, still no luck, tried each stick individually in every slot. No luck.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance.

- Necrofury

2. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

If that connector is the one I am thinking of, that is the power for the cpu so your computer will not boot properly if it is not plugged in (CPU will not be getting enough power otherwise). Try disconnecting all drives and peripherals and leave just 1 stick of ram installed and see if you can get anything up on the screen. If you can, then keep plugging devices back in, 1 at a time to see if it fails with any one piece of hardware. If you cannot boot with just cpu, 1 ram, and video, then the problem has to be with one of them, or system board, or power supply.