Logisys 3.5" Digital Thermal Controller Installation guide

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by TheCrow785, Oct 8, 2005.

1. TheCrow785

TheCrow785 Geek Trainee

Hi, I just purchased a Logisys 3.5" Digital Thermal Controller http://www.logisyscomputer.com/viewsku.asp?SKUID=FP206BK&DID=FRONTPANEL

It did not come with an installation guide and I have contacted the seller and have not heard back! Does anyone have this or know where I can get an installation guide for this product???

So far I've only been able to find a guide for setting the LCD display on the front, but I need to know exactly which wire goes where as theres so many wires its all just confusing me!

If anyone can help please get in contact, it would be a great help, thanx

2. Addis

Addis The King

Can't find a manual of any sort. could you take a detailed picture of exactly what the wires look like?

3. TheCrow785

TheCrow785 Geek Trainee

Well the wires are the standard 3-pin fan connectors but how am I supposed to connect the cpu fan to the 3-pin connector and then connect that to the motherboard and do the same for the chipset fan and then it also says i can connect upto 3 case fans and it came with these "thermal stickers" which i have no idea what to do with and the other wires well theres no connector on them at all! its just like th end of the wire little silver bit covered in a thin orange layer like tape or some sort which is sticking out the plastic wire protector!!!

4. Addis

Addis The King

I don't know what connections there are, but you probably connect the fans to the controller, and the controller draws power from a 4 pin molex connector.

5. TheCrow785

TheCrow785 Geek Trainee

Ok so this is what happens when I try to install something without easy to follow instructions!! This afternoon I barely escaped blowing up my pc! Unfortunatly I blew up the friggin Fan controller instead! And might I say it made quite a bang and it did not smell very nice at all! If it werent for the fans and exaust blower in my pc im sure it'd still be filled with smoke and that horrid smell!!

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Those orange plastic parts are probably thermal probes to measure your CPU, video card, etc. temperature. Of course, I'd be making sure my system still works at this point...

7. matthewrpenny

matthewrpenny Geek Trainee

does your disply show case/hdd/power etc.. or just 1/2/3/4 aux1/aux/2 etc...

the stickers are used to connect the probes to the parts you want to monitor, i have PSU, CPU, and 2 ambiant case tempretures, depending on what ur monitor shows is should show where the probes plug into the back, same for the fans, just need to plug them into the controller,

sorry but i can't help with setting up the screen,

ttfn