logitech z-5450 help

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by sjhaycroft, Jan 5, 2007.

1. sjhaycroft

sjhaycroft Geek Trainee

I bought these speakers today and only the back two work, no sound at all comes from the front three. also when i select any sound setting other than 6 channel audio i cant hear anything at all. any ideas? help greatly appreciated

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

1. Check the wires, if they are plugged in properly and at right place..
    2. Play a movie or CD if you are playing MP3 files instead..

3. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

I would suggest trying to use an MP3 Player or something other than the computer, and plug it into the Z5450's, there should be like a line in port on the side or something with a kind of music symbol, if they still dont work, and if everything is connected, it sounds like the Amp is screwed.

4. sjhaycroft

sjhaycroft Geek Trainee

what cable do i use?

5. Willz

3.5mm jack cable.

6. sjhaycroft

sjhaycroft Geek Trainee

should that have come supplied?

7. Willz

No, just use the green connector that is from your control pod from your soundcard, just put it into the other socket for stuff like mp3 players and connect the other end to your mp3 player.

8. Karanislove

Its a good advice but it requires a 5.1 MP3 player.... So make sure the MP3 player u use should have 5.1 output where u can hook all the wires.

9. Willz

wtf, there aint no such thing as 5.1 mp3 player :\, i meant, you take the 3 cables out of the back of the control pod and the computer, you get the green one, plug it onto the mp3 player, then get the other end of the green cable, plug that into the connection on the control pod with like a music symbol on which is designed for stuff like mp3 players and then try, that is what i meant

:doh:

10. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

One question i feel compelled to ask aside from proper connections is, have you set up 6 channel sound in your sound card's control panel? Surround sound will not work unless you have it configured properly in Windows.

11. SexiMexi9018

SexiMexi9018 Geek Trainee

I have the Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers and i also had the same problem but for me it was the front two only, the other 3 and subwoofer would not work, so in my system try there was an icon i can remember the name of it but it was there when i installed the drivers for the speakers, i think it was called sound storm, first see if u have this, if u don't then look in start>all Programs>Soundstorm. Then (this is had becuase i don't have it any more) up at the top there will be 3 thing like 2 channel 2.1 channel and 5.1 channel or something so find the one u have, then on of the tabs below that there should be 2 check box's on the very bottom one that says Sound Xpander or something check both of those and then go into advanced and play around with the options until you find something that will make it go into all the speakers. Sorry that this is so confusing i just don't have the program anymore, i don't know what happended to it, i try to open it and an error pops up so i was going on memory. But i hope that helps. (if u understand it) if i get the program working i will give more detailed info.

12. Karanislove

I agree with u in this one... actually I meant to say he needs 5.1ch sound system to play those speakers...
    I dont know wat u r talking about in this one....coz according to me, if u have 5.1 system then u should have output like this...
    [​IMG]
    nd u need three cables to go inside ur woofer nd those soundcard. In some cases 4 cables if they are using a separate cable for centre speaker... Thats wat i expected to have..

13. Willz

Obn the Z5450 and Z5500 sound systems, there is a special connection on them designed for this like MP3 PLayers, right now i am using it and connecting my tv to it and got PL2 on ;)

14. Karanislove

oh k, so will that special wire also fit in the sound card i've linked above? Also can u provide a pic link of it to me please...Thanks

15. Willz

its not a special wire!!!!!!!!!!!!, its a 3.5mm jack, goes from the Z5450 control pod, to the MP3 PLAYER.

" - (1) Analog stereo-mini (on side panel of control center) for portable CD, MP3, or MiniDisc® players" AKA 3.5MM Audio Jack.

Surround > Logitech® Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System

16. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Are you feeling alright Karan :p

17. Karanislove

So u are talking about this one.....
    Now i got it....

So do u get the same sound quality out of ur Speakers with this wire?

:good::beer:

18. Willz

Yea, i get 5.1 coz its upmixed with PL2 Music :good: very good quality still, allthough still depends on quality of the MP3 player aswell.

19. Karanislove

Actually I think I have jst seen the cheapo 5.1 speaker systems n in those speakers u have to use all the three 3.5mm cables otherwise wont give you the full output.... Thanks for the info!:good:

20. Willz

Even in a cheapo were you gotta use one of the 3 cables, you should only need to use the front input and it should play ok, it worked ok from my cheapo 5.1 tevion system from aldis for £25 that i used to have :p