Martial Arts!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Moobrack, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

Does anybody do martial arts or know anything about it, you could post anything in here.

Also I am a black belt 1st Dan in Shotokan Karate-Do so if there is anything you would like to know about karate, feel free to ask me!

C Ya

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

whats the best age to start Martial Arts? I presume it would be young, as you could bend your body a little more. Like being able to put you're toe in your mouth :)

3. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

It becomes legal to begin Martial Arts at the age of 4.I believe that this is a silly rule because children at the age of 4 have a smaller concentration span and less co-ordination, I myself believe that the bast age to start martial arts is around 9-10 years old, the childs concentration span is greater and they are more focused.

I started at the age of 11!

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's been 5 years since I've been active in it, but I did get 1st Dan in Tae Kwon Do at 16. I was in it since 9.

Ahhh...It's good to finally see someone online that knows a real martial art instead of joking about knowing some "kung-fu"

cheers:D

5. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

no probs, I have a martial arts website if you would like to visit it.

Hope you dont mind sniper, I think that this will only appeal to just us two

Karate Forums

C Ya

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Oh, you're a bit more flexible as a kid, tho I never managed to do the splits ever. My middle bro used to be able to, but now he can't either.

7. Gmlynx

Gmlynx Geek Trainee

I find that people think that because they know a martial art they know how to fight.

They don't realise that a martial art is just A way of fighting. Not THE way to fight.

I find that best people are the ones who work to a personnal standard and not a set one

8. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

I know where you are coming from. I do Karate just for fun and fitness. I like to spar but I cant say that it has helped me on the street before and I cant say it wil in the future as Karate is a fitness sport and not a fighting art.

Non the less its very fun to do.