Microsoft wireless mouse problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by daz, Dec 14, 2010.

1. daz

daz Geek

I have this wireless mouse <natural wireless laser mouse 6000) that gives me this odd filing that is loosing signal from time to time. You know when you have this sort of jumping on the pointer.

2. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Is the mouse placed on a mat?

3. daz

daz Geek

yes, I have tried different surfaces to see if it is a differenced but it is not different on anything. Sometimes I get this that it press action bottom on itself, or right bottom.

4. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Hm, maybe the receiver is too far away for the mouse to detect. If it came with drivers, install them. If none of the above work than the mouse is probably dying. Try replacing its batteries.

5. daz

daz Geek

Receiver is 20 cm from mouse, I have changed the battery some time ago, I don't think that this is a matter.

6. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

It might be internal damage :|

7. daz

daz Geek

I think that I got the problem behind the faulty signal. I have had wrong mouse chosen in microsoft drivers settings. After changing this I can see some improvement. Thanks for all the posts and help:)

8. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

9. daz

daz Geek

And I have one interesting for me relativity regarding wireless mouses, do not keep your mobile phone close to the device because it will interfere with your signal and at the same time with your device working correctly.