Mobile Projector anyone?

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by blackfriar, Aug 12, 2009.

1. blackfriar

blackfriar Geek Trainee

Anyone try out all those snazzy new mobile projectors yet? I'm thinking about ordering an AAXA P1 - it's cheap, battery powered, and the only one with good reviews (3M has one but sounds like people hate)... I know it might not be that bright, but I think if I dim the lights it'll work but I'm not so sure...

Thoughts??? Anyone with experience?

AAXA P1 Pico Projector - LCoS Based Hand-held Pocket Projector - LED Micro Projector

2. blackfriar

blackfriar Geek Trainee

3. sjxh1705

sjxh1705 Geek Trainee

I recently purchased the Aaxatech P1 after some comparison shopping so I figured I'll put in my preliminary review in case anyone else may have some of the questions I have/had. I don't have a lot of experience w/ projectors let alone mobile projectors so hopefully other members can provide some feedback of their experiences with these new devices.
    I got my projector about a week ago and the name pretty much describes it, it's small, compact, about the size of a phone. I also got the VGA adapter so I could connect it to my laptop when I want to play movies off it. Initially I was a bit bummed at how dim it was, guess afternoon viewing is out of the question but when my gf was sleeping and I wanted to watch some shows, that's when the value of this device came out. I could watch it w/o the excessive glare that could disturb her sleep~! Fortunately the fan noise was audible but not so loud that it'd keep you awake, or at least that was my experience with it. I was able to get about a 48" image out of it which is great considering my only 2 options in my room is 15'4" laptop monitor or 19" TV :D
    Hopefully some of you will have more to add to this, and as I figure out more uses for this gadget, I'll be sure to post updates and pictures~! :D

4. Manders219

Manders219 Geek Trainee