mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by o0oSpoono0o, May 17, 2003.

1. o0oSpoono0o

o0oSpoono0o Geek Trainee

ok 2 problems:

1.) i have the microsoft intellimouse optical(usb), it doesnt work with winblows. i have 2 OSs on my comp Linux RedHat, and Winblows XP Pro, the mouse works with Linux but not Winblows. tried to install new drivers, nothing. the mouse doesnt even light up w/ windows.

2.) i feel like a dumb ass cuz i did this one to myself. i think its just a simple setting(such as a checkbox) but i dont know where its at. what happens is when i move my cursor over an application it gives that application focus. makes that the active program. i have looked in mouse properties but cant see anythign there, but i might have just over looked it.

help with any problem would be great. and thanks for your help :)

Spoon...

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

1) you made a mistake when you wrote windows at the end of your question, you should have written winblows, not windows :p
    It's kinda funny that the microsoft mouse doesn't work with the microsoft OS...
    What I would do is uninstall the mouse (with another mouse of course) then plug back your intellimouse and let windows detect it. I'm sure you already tried that though...

2) That setting is found under tools/folder options when you open "My Computer" or "Drive C" etc.

What should be selected right now is "Single-click to open an item (point to select)", and what you want it to be is "Double-click to open an item (single-click to select)"

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

1.)Might wanna make sure that the USB root hub isn't showing up with an exclamation point or question mark. If you haven't, you might try using the PS/2 to USB adapter for the mouse as well. I've used MS Mice the most, never had any trouble with them, and most have been the optical kind.

2.)I remember seeing a mouse setting that would automatically move the mouse to any dialogue box that popped up, specifically the default button. I'm not sure if that could cause the problem, since yours is a new one to me.

4. o0oSpoono0o

o0oSpoono0o Geek Trainee

i found the setting that harrack52 was talking about in questinon 2 but i still have the prob

5. o0oSpoono0o

o0oSpoono0o Geek Trainee

focus PROBLEM SLOVED
    the setting was in Tweak UI(mouse/xmosue)
    still havent got my mouse to work but havent had much time to mess with that.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Ahhh. I've accidentally screwed stuff up before with that thing or other Windows tweakers like Xteq X-Setup.