MPEG Converter

Discussion in 'General Software' started by SexiMexi9018, Jan 4, 2007.

1. SexiMexi9018

SexiMexi9018 Geek Trainee

I have several Videos that i got from my friend and they are all in .mpeg format so i can watch them on my comp, but i want to be able to watch them on my DVD player/PS2 and i have tried almost every burning option that Nero has and non of them work, i have tried all kinds of DVD's and CD's so there has to be something that will convert them into DVD-Video files or something that Nero will be able to burn and play on my DVD player/PS2 so what im getting at is i need to be able to play MPEG files on my PS2 for short lol so if anyone knows of anyway to do this i would really like to know, thanks!

2. Addis

Addis The King

Try using Nero Vision Express, I used that once for burning 2 videos onto a DVD with a menu. It takes a while to encode it but it works pretty well.

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

what is the extension of the files?
    If it is .mpeg, you could be looking at a file which needs to be burned as VCD or SVCD. I could be wrong but I do not think PS2 can play them. Some older DVD's might not play these but all newer players support these formats.

if the extension is .mpg you will need to incode the file into MPEG (you will need to decide which standard to use, VCD, SVCD or DVD) and then burn according to preference.

If you want to be 100% certain, try opening the file with G-Spot. It will tell you all you need to know about the file's format and more.

Hope this helps :cool:

4. SexiMexi9018

the files are .mpeg and i have used vcd but they do not play on a ps2, so im almost there but if anyone knows any way to get them to play on a ps2 that would be great. because i only have one DVD player and my mom and dad use it all the time.

5. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Like I said, I do not think SP2 is supposed to be able to play S/VCD.
    Unfortunately there aren't many easy-one-stop-shop free converters.
    The free ones are often not as good and also require several pieces of software to work together.
    Try VideoHelp.com to search for encoding tools.

6. SexiMexi9018

ok, thanks for all the help. i guess im just sticking to the DVD Player.