My case...

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Intemptesta Nox, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Intemptesta Nox

Intemptesta Nox Geek Trainee

Hi, attached is the first PC I built myself and, whilst I'm surprised I did it, and it works, the cables and wires are all over the place. To me the cabling looks like it will restrict the air flow from fans. Hopefully the images are clear enough for a look, but if not, I will post a zoomed in version.

Please could you tell me if the wiring is ok or definitely needs some work.

Appreciated!!

Attached Files:

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

the wiring looks good but maybe you could try to hide the wires more? to make it look even better :)

3. Intemptesta Nox

all ok is it? All the wires coming from the PSU looked really jumbled up to me. got any pics of your/others case's wiring to compare?

oh yeah, dumb question but there is some dust on the edges of my fans and in the ventilation. What's the safest way to get rid of it, or is it ok? I don't want to vacuum it incase I either a) accidentally suck up something important :p or b) scatter the dust around even more.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

http://www.zone365.com/content/8/29/1

Split-loom tubing and cable ties are your friend in cable mangement. Good cable mangement will take some time, but it's worth it. Unplug everything and take out the IDE and floppy cables (for the time being). Tie up any power cables you won't be using and hide those away first. Then start routing the ones you will use. Next, round your IDE and floppy ribbon cables. Install them on the motherboard first, then start routing them to each respective drive.

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

You can check out the Case Gallery sticky http://hardwareforums.com/showthread.php?t=1986
    to see how some ppl have managed wiring and such. mods too! Zip Ties work good to sort out wires and organize, i dropped 2C load after tieing my ide cables and sorting out my power supply cables!

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

For dust, you need to get some canned air or compresed air, something along the lines of that. just a little spray bottle and just spray it off and out of your case. works good

7. Intemptesta Nox

ok i will experiment with various things.

thanks for the info.

8. Intemptesta Nox

9. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

could you post images of the case?