My Laptop Display Went Static

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by farhanoctryan, Sep 19, 2014.

1. farhanoctryan

farhanoctryan Geek Trainee

Help my laptop display went static and have lines. When i restart the pc it went black with lines and after a while it came out with color in a weird way. Any solution? Should i replace the lcd?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  2. fardwarehorum

fardwarehorum Geek Trainee

Did you fumble with any processor settings? What was the last thing you changed about your system?

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Has this laptop been dropped ? This could be video card, Drivers or Lcd screen going bad..

4. farhanoctryan

farhanoctryan Geek Trainee

No i didnt change a thing
    Yes it has been dropped 3-4 times but it was working just fine after being dropped the first 2-3 times

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

If it has been dropped that many time, then the motherboard probably has a problem..

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I would wager to say the motherboard may be the least of the worries. I would suggest trying to remove the hard drive to be backed up to another computer and get something new.
    Normally, I'm not a fan of tossing out the whole thing, but if that sucker's been dropped than many times, between the motherboard and/or display, things could become expensive quickly. Unfortunately, unlike desktops, there's not a standard form factor for laptop motherboards, so they tend to run higher for that reason. If you're adventurous, you could see if a computer shop would diagnose it for you and then get parts from eBay and fix it yourself. Otherwise, if this goes beyond one thing, it's probably not worth it.

7. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

What is the make and model of the laptop.. Once you drop a laptop, they are pretty much toast after that...Better off just replacing it..