My monitor is blank

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Darren, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Darren

Darren Geek Trainee

Hi, firstly please excuse me as I am not as computer literate as most of you guys out there so any help you can give me is much appreciated but it would be useful if you could make any responses as simple as possible for me. Thanks in advance!

I have just tried to connect my monitor to my old PC (when I say old its not real old, it has a 1.3ghz AMD athelon processor). Once the computer gets to the stage where it should display the desktop the monitor remains blank and appears to go into standby mode. The strange thing is that the monitor is working fine (I'm using it on my new PC now) and it works on my old PC if I run the computer in 'Safe Mode' and also works when the resolution is set to the lowest possible at 16 colours. However when I attempt to increase the resolution the computer tells me it must restart which it does and then when it reboots the usual messages you get when booting the PC appear but as soon as it gets to the point where it should display the desktop the monitor goes into standby mode and remains blank.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. Addis

Addis The King

I have a similar problem. Try installing the latest driver version for your graphics card.

3. david30

david30 Geek Trainee

Hi my dear!
    you must reduce your resolution settings!for example 800 by 600 pixels!
    And your Screen refresh rate in new monitor!for example 60Hrtz.then you can connect your old monitor!
    Then you can use your old monitor!
    Your settings are setup up for monitors with high resolution!
    And if that not done! your old monitor can't support that!
    You must find a monitor that you can set with your old PC!

regards!
    david