Need help on how to repair laptop buttons (not keyboard!)

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by davelev, Nov 3, 2010.

1. davelev

davelev Geek Trainee

Hi,

My Fujitsu-Siemens has both buttons near the touch panel defective. These are those 2 buttons that act like those buttons on the mouse... You know what I mean, I don't know how they call them...

They are "pushed" in and don't work at all.
    Cannot find any spares anywhere. All I can find are keyboard keys. None of these buttons!

How to fix, where to buy new touch panel buttons? That is my question!

PS: I also have a broken (pieces broken out of...) audio (headphone) jack on the same machine.

I appreciate good advice!

2. davelev

davelev Geek Trainee

Seems like nobody is coming to this forum!

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

do you have a usb port ? hook up a usb mouse for now.. That's all I ever use.. In order to fix it right, you will need a doner case to strip parts from..

4. Karimbo

Karimbo Geek

Sound to me that you may have spilt some juice on it, the #1 culprit for sticky keys.

Do what Ghostman1 says, use a USB mouse for now. you will need someone competent to open up the laptop to get to the mouspad, and wipe the sticky sugar off from underneath the keys in order to fix it.

5. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

My sister has been looking for the same replacement. Nada so far. I went to check some stores for replacement keyboards and they don't sell that two buttons below the touchpad.

6. Agnes

Agnes Geek Trainee

Hey there , I had the same issue with my mouse touch pad buttons .. after looking a long time i found this online store who i contacted. I got the part from them very fast and they were reasonable with good customer service . Contact them, i'm sure they'll help you out www.laptopkey.com