nForce 4 SLI benchmarks

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Anandtech, got their hands on a couple of MSI nForce 4 SLI working sample boards. SLI, while probably out of reach for some (like me---but I'll gladly accept them for review *hint*), is now about ready to rock again.

The MSI motherboard we tested is actually the very first working sample of the K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI; in fact, as of right now there are only 4 working nForce4 SLI samples at MSI in Taiwan, two of which happen to be in my hotel room. Despite the early nature of the motherboard, it was 100% stable and didn't crash once during our hours of testing nor in the 12 hours of burn-in before that. There were some rendering issues during some of the testing but we'd chalk that up to drivers that need some work; one thing to keep in mind is that SLI is extremely driver intensive and we'll explain why in a moment.

This is really cool, and you should read it.

2. evanjanis

evanjanis Geek Trainee

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

That's f____in awesome!

4. evanjanis

evanjanis Geek Trainee

Those look so cool and the dual video card bays are very good also. Im going to have to get me hands on that board when ever they come out. If i do get it i will post what i though on the forms.