Now this is a case mod...

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Exfoliate, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Not so much a mod, just a really origional case, K'Nex, used to play with those all the time, great fun, untill one broke and pinched me. :x:

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

:) I tried a cardboard box once. Worked. Collapsed.

Will try lego this weekend, a re-unition of the trio is at hand. (trio=me and two friends. We are nerds. one is Cooper of this site)

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hehe, cardboard, that made me laugh just picturing it, lego should work great though, though mounting may be a bit of a problem, then again lego has a piece for everying these days.
    Another example of how alot of you dudes seem to know eachother and Matt and I are just a couple of loners:), well at least I am.

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

That is a cool case, Addis was once goin to build a lego case for his brother...........i dont think he got round to it, I can't remember My brain hurts!

5. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

I wish I had the time and patience to try my Plastecine case idea.

Failing that, playdoh.

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I love play doh! Yes I know thats sad at 15 but i have 5 tubs its just so fun!! Now I wannma build a case out of play doh

7. stinkfing3r

stinkfing3r Big Geek

hahahaha :) he must not have any $$$

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah, I would have saved $80 if I just used my old toys, ah, what an idiot I was.
    And yeah, play doh way the bomb when I was younger, I've got some tubs too but I think they're drying out, smells kinda cool though, my mom loves how the stuff smells.

9. Addis

Addis The King

I was going to build one of lego, but didn't have the pennies for the components. Why can't electronics be as cheap as lego?!

10. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Legos actually not that cheap anymore I wanted one of those red buckets (You know the ones that EVERYONE had when they was little) with a little bit of everything in and i think it was something like £29.99, which granted if you build a case with is cheap but for some plastic blocks its not exactly a bargain

11. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I have a ton of Legos, and I probably could pull of the Lego case...but it's been awhile since I've played with them...

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Right Big B, we know yer secret, friday is probably lego night :)

13. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

lol... sit down in fronta the fire with ur cup of hot cocoa and build houses and planes and cars

14. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

15. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Haha none of my mates know anything about computers and I guess if you read a list of my posts u'd relise I'm not exactly a genius :D

16. fatdog

fatdog Geek Trainee

thats pretty cool

17. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

a case out a playdoh huh ex? lol that would kinda get hot really fast, i might work on making a case out of one long thin copper folded pipe, and then water cool the CASE, no ones done that before, and it would keep temp low

18. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah that would be cool zRock, I say go for it dude! I think it would be cool to have a hanging computer, it would be suspended on a big ol' rope and the components would all be mounted in a modded see thorough disco ball with lots of holes for ventalation. Spinning it would provide extra cooling, though you'd have to replace hard-drives on a regular basis, back up that data before you start partying.

19. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

thatd be awesome and pack like sound reactive cathodes in there

20. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If you got some Solid-State hard drives (like Gigabyte's RAM drive PCI card) that could work to ensure the lack of moving parts on the hard drive....