One GPU is showing zero load

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by ashinms, Nov 28, 2011.

1. ashinms

ashinms Geek

Hi all. I have an hd 5770 and an hd 5750 in xfire together. They're on an MSI am3 motherboard labled as crossfire ready, but the other day while playing crysis 2 multiplayer, I noticed that my usage on the 5750 was at absolute zero while the 5770 was at 100 percent constantly. It's not a CPU bottleneck- I'm not running over 50% cpu usage across all four cores, and I DO have crossfire turned on in CCC, so It's not that. Please help. If you have any suggestions as to what is happening, please tell me. In benchmarks, I'm averaging about ten percent FPS increase after crossfire, so I know it's working to some degree....

2. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

Are you using a crossfire bridge or just letting the motherboard connect the 2? The reason I ask is I have seen where while solely using the motherboard can work, using an actual bridge gives better performance. Where one card doesnt seem to be doing anything at all, I would definitely try installing a bridge (or I guess you can install 2 as well for better performance?) if you do not currently have a bridge on the cards. I read that the 5770 needs to have the bridge and will not work well if just depending on the motherboard to do the crossfire.

3. ashinms

ashinms Geek

No. I have a bridge installed.