Organizing multiple case cables

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by tobsta, Sep 27, 2005.

1. tobsta

tobsta Geek Trainee

Does anybody know any good ways to organise lots of like modded light cables and stuff in you case? The problem with this is you have more cables than you need?

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Use the most useful thing for case tudying and cable management, cable ties (nylon ties, wire ties are other names for them) they are excellent for keep cables where you want them to be.

Make sure you route cables to places there they arent going to interfere with airflow, here are acouple of pictures of the inside of my case

Picture 1
    Picture 2

The cables are routed as best as i could do them, there are many cables from the PSU, fans and my Gatewatch inside. this means i have to find somewhere to put the excess cable, that's why its behind the Gatewatch in those drive bays.

Just make sure you tuck excess cable out of the way and the space between the side of your case (right hand side as you look at the front) and the 5.25" drive rack is a great place, i have lots of escess connectors placed there.

Before it was like this with this PSU it was a complete mess as i couldn't be bothered to tidy it at first :eek:hah:

3. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Here is a simple guide!

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

5. matthewrpenny

matthewrpenny Geek Trainee

i use spiral wrap,

dunno where u get it from, I "borrow" it from work, looks nice i'll put some pics up asap

ttfn

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's also another good solution from what I've seen. The only problem is finding the stuff.

But, yeah, cable wrap and zip-ties tend to be your best friend. Depending on how devoted you are (I have spent several hours doing this as I piece a system back together while doing this).

7. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

What I do on new builds, is put a small hole in the middle of the IDE cable, work it so you almost split it in two halves. then take each half and put a hole in both, work them out, so now youve divided the cable in 4 parts. Then you neatly tape them together. It may sound complicated, but its not. Just don't hit any wires while cutting into the cable, if you get what I'm saying. It makes the IDE's look neater, and you allow for greater airflow.

8. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Yeah, Big B alreay wrote a guide on how to do that :)
    But it works suprisingly well!