PC Building Instructions

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by JP4LSU, May 25, 2005.

1. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Geek Trainee

Hey guys.
    I was in here a few weeks ago asking some tech questions because I was getting my "ducks in a row" on what I wanted and needed while waiting for my IRS check.

Well the check has arrived. I still haven't decided though if I want IBM or AMD but that's a seperate issue.

My question is what is a good book or website for building PC's. I've cracked open PC's to swap out RAM, vid/sound cards, HD's, etc etc. However, I have not installed mobo's or processors and would like something by my side to guide me in the process.

Thanks for the help...Later

2. Addis

Addis The King

The whole PC building process is easy as long as you have all the components and tools you need.

For me PCMechs building guide is the best out of them all. Its a detailed article(s) on all aspects really.
    http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

It's actually very simple, there are some nice books on www.amazon.com you can get real cheap but when it comes down to it all you need is the motherboard manual to help you set your jumpers properly. And remember we're all here for you if you need any extra help. Just to give you an idea of how simple it can be, I built my first PC without reading any of though step-by-step guides in about 1.5-2hrs, and that's fairly slow once you know how it's all done.
    Here's a book
    Computer books on Amazon

4. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Geek Trainee

Hey guys thanks a lot.
    I don't think I'll have a prob with the hardware installation but there were a few quesitons I had about the process which should be covered in your suggestions. I will let you know how it goes.
    Thanks again.

5. fatdog

fatdog Geek Trainee

i have built 4 or 5 and was amazed how easy they were to build.

6. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea, all of my family and friends marvel at the fact I build computers, and I tell them it's so easy but they still don't believe me. I think it's mainly because all they can do is boot the computer, open IE, open Outlook, and open AIM. Someone please get me some geeky friends... Also if you need any help PM me and I would be glad to help.