possible new forums

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by donkey42, Oct 21, 2006.

1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

hiya all, just thinking, rather than one forum for all linux & other OS's how about a new one for linux & other OS's for noobs, because i for one would find it useful

and how about making other forums XP SP2 or greater only, rather than us just assuming OS is XP SP2

what does anybody think ?

Edit: and possibly a new one for vitualisation (VMware)

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Yea, i agree that there should be a forum for XP and greater, as the other os's are outdated now, at the moment it dont even have vista listed.

VM Ware / Other Virtual Machines would be good too.

I dont see the point of the linux for noobs one though, the one that exists at the moment is for noobs aswell..

3. Addis

Addis The King

I think one forum for Linux/BSD and one forum for Windows is ok at the moment. VMWare is nowhere near large enough in support needs for a separate forum of its own, since its a product of a company.

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Agreed with Addis - VMWare isn't nearly big enough to warrant its own forum.

The forums are okay as they are I think.

5. Willz

well Windows Vista needs adding to the windows board at least...

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Well it's not officially released yet and there's not enough posts / questions to warrant an entire forum for it.

That's what I tihnk anyway.

7. zeus

zeus out of date

I agree with Addis and Matt in that the two forums are ok. If any alteration were to be made to possibly have a win 9x and win nt forum but it would mean having to go through every post! Seeing as so few people use 9x they will just have to lump it and use the search button! :)
    Vista..... depends how different it is and how many people use it.

8. Willz

Vista is not that different at all, just new features, new theme, and some other things, some things work different aswell, a whole new forum for Windows Vista shouldent be made, just show that we can try to help with Windows Vista but putting it on the thread name that says Windows 95/98/XP/NT so that it says Windows 95/98/XP/Vista/NT , even Windows Server 2003 aint there, but maybe that comes under NT, some people may think that they cant get help with os's because there not listed etc.., i know it aint released yet, but alot of people use it allready since they have released the RC versions to the public, maybe even change the title of the Windows 95/98/XP/NT board to just Windows OS, for the description say that it supports any operating system to do with windows etc..

9. donkey42

donkey42 plank

no, general vitualisation, not just VMware (that was just an example)

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Windows forum updated for Vista. It'll be here soon enough anyway, so why not?

11. Willz

Yea thats better :D