primer concern - please help

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by ay786, Apr 8, 2006.

1. ay786

ay786 Geek Trainee

hi all, i just wondered, i will be going for a mirror finish look (trying to) on my lian li case and just wondered, once you have applied your primer and sanded this down then applied it again, do you leave it on and then apply the colour coat or do you sand off the primer coat then apply the colour?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You leave the primer on. You sand it so the surface is smooth, but the primer is needed because it provides a better bond between the paint and metal.

3. ay786

ay786 Geek Trainee

thought so, thanks for the help

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You can do this in many different ways,But you would want to do all your cutting
    first,Thats if you plan on putting in extra fans and stuff. Next primer everthing
    inside and out real good. then you would want to start with some 180 grit sand paper.. sand down the rough stuff, then put another coat of primer..
    Also they make primer in enamal and Lacqar... This is up to you on which you decide,You can put enamel paint over lacqar primer,but you can't put lacqar paint over enamel primer.. It will bubble the paint. If you would lake a real nice candy clear coat paint job, then you would use lacqar primer, and lacqar paint
    with a clear..