Print job will not print or delete from queue

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by programaddic, Apr 12, 2007.

1. programaddic

programaddic Geek Trainee

I'm having a terrible time getting this print job to delete.

I've tried deleting the job and it just sits there, clogging up the printer for my computer only. Others connected to the printer can print just fine which leads me to believe its something with my printer spool.
    I have stopped and restarted the printer service, and also stopped the service and then restarted the machine.
    I have deleted the printer, only to find that when I bring it back (before or after a restart) that the print job is still there.
    I have navigated to System32\spool\PRINTERS to delete whatever file is in there, but nothing is ever there.
    I have also restarted the printer but to no avail.
    Its a network printer, but I have been given rights to modify settings etc. There is one setting that I was told to try but it is grayed out for me (maybe I don't have full rights?) "Enable Bi-Directional Support under the Ports Tab.

Any thoughts?

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

what about the machine the printer is installed on (ie the one that is sharing this printer)? Sometimes, when one PC on my network is unable to delete the printing task on itself, I cand delete it on the sharers PC.

3. programaddic

programaddic Geek Trainee

the printer isn't connected to one specific computer i don't think. its just a printer that is on the network.

i've tried re-installing the drivers but they always hang on my machine :(
    HP Officejet 7410