Printer problem

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by Peevemor, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Peevemor

Peevemor Geek Trainee

I have a Lexmark Z32 printer. On attempting to put in new cartridges, I was given a "printhead failure" message. On reinserting the old cartridges I got the same thing. I have tried cleaning the contacts, etc., but nothing works.

The problem is definitely with the printer itself, and not the driver/software.

Any ideas (apart from throwing it out!)?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You might not have them in to the point where the Z32 is happy. You may have to try reinserting them again a few times to make sure the thing is happy.

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well that printer is pretty cheap, you can probably grab a Z35 for less than $30 usd (including cartridges), so I suggest you do that. Chances are your Z32 cartridge will fit in it also.

4. Peevemor

Peevemor Geek Trainee

Thanks to you both.

I have tried all sorts to make them work.

I know I'm as well buying a new, cheapish printer - I'm just annoyed that I've just spent about 60USD on the new cartridges which, according to the packaging, will not fit any new printers.

Although the Z32 was a cheap printer, I've always been reasonably satisfied with it (up 'til now :mad: )

5. evanjanis

evanjanis Geek Trainee

It just might be something with the printer software or something init that is telling it that something is wrong. You might have some porblem like Big B said with the contact points. I would try calling the maker for some tech. help.
    Also you might want to try reinstalling the printer drivers or looking if their are updated ones for it. I dont think the drivers would make a difference but it worth a try if everything else dose not work. :good: