Problem with laptop

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Morfinel, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Morfinel

Morfinel Geek Trainee

When my laptop was on the screen suddenly went black after i switch off the laptop and start it again the screen was on but i could only see black background but not as it was switched off or not working but as there was black background, after pressing power button nothing come up no dell logo no loading windows screen, I have switched to external monitor and i could see the screen, but when i start laptop in normal mode on external screen after while the blue screen error appear with memory dumping to prevent damage to my computer etc... and I'm uinable to starty windows normally

During start I have pressed F2 and the boot menu don’t come out but C letters and little hearts in green :confused: I tried repair mode but its not working I tried restore to last correct working profile but it don't work, I was able to start in safe mode to reinstall windows but after installation I have info that the windows was unsuccessful installed so it start with old one and then after restart the screen in laptop was working normally but there were some funny white striped and dots. so there is nothing wrong with screen as its still working, but on second restart the screen was black again, maybe its problem with vista or drives or I have nasty virus.

I have run diagnostic test and in results there was "Incompatible video controller. Vesa function 0x4f 02 returned ax = qtf

Is it mean that I dont have required video drives so it cant read graphic card or my graphic card is foulty ?

Thank You for help