question about repairing dell inspirion 1300 dc jack

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by efx2003, Jan 19, 2008.

1. efx2003

efx2003 Big Geek

I need to replace the DC JACK on my Dell Inspirion 1300 and I am looking for a guide on the net to fix this problem. Does anybody know of a great site that has step by step for replacing this DC JACK? Please help if you can. Thank You!

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

The Dell laptop i have was not that hard to disassemble, and the screws where all labeled in groups so it was easy to put back together too (as long as you keep track of what screws come from where).

Your best bet is to have a look yourself and see if you can work it out.

[OT]
    If it works in any way, shape or form just now DO NOT TRY AND FIX IT!

Soldering Irons and computers just don't mix without experience, things just never seem to go right.
    [/OT]

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

[ot]
    they do, if you use a big enough blender[/ot]but seriously if you new to soldering, practice on an old circuit board first & only when you think your ready try on the laptop be very careful

4. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

[OT]
    ROFL!
    [/OT]

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

[ot]
    i'm trying to think of something even funnier to say, but, i can't think of anything[/ot]BTW: soldering is not that hard once you get the hang of it, just remember, it's easier to use solder with flux integrated into the solder (white powder in the middle of the solder)

solder with added flux will help the solder actually stick to what you want and avoid dry joints (which are just solder connection that don't connect 100% of the time due to the lack of flux used at soldering time)