Rate Your Case!

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Kyle89, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Kyle89

Kyle89 Geek Trainee

Ok, granted, this is an uncool topic. But anyway, post a picture of your case, whether you modded it yourself or you just bought it, like me.

X-Infinity

I like it, only bad things are the front door and I had to bend some of the racks to put CD and DVD burners in.

2. eddieace

eddieace Geek Trainee

[​IMG]

yeah i had to bend my bays a little to slot the dvd and cd drives, also was a tight squeeze fitting the hard disk with the cooler attached to it. but alls well now

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

[​IMG]
    That's my case (with cathodes on top and a gatewatch on the front) and I love it :p

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

[​IMG]
    This is my case with PSU hanging at the back side other than that I had no problem with putting DVD burner or anything....

[ot]All the cases above are cool...... Matt in your case I was thinking about something. Why not just put a sticker of your signature on the top of your case, just between those cathode tubes? What do ya think?[/ot]

5. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

Thermaltake Lanfire Never could get the fan controller to work...but they spin and everything's cool.

6. rimmer

rimmer Geek

right, well the guy who created the thread, i give you case 7/10, not bad, but i have seen better, eddieace, yours is pretty awsum, 8.5/10, matt555 i love it, 9.5/10, i love the top lights, i love the whole thing, cool. now for the dell, I HATE DELL because they use cheap processors and rip you off theres my opinion 4 u all, my case isn't exactly top notch though, I prefer it over the dell and X-infinity though

7. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

8. rimmer

rimmer Geek

sweet rig dude, 9/10

9. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Cheers.

10. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

My blue Asus Vento 3600 or "What Darth Vaders coffee machine would look like"

People either love it, or hate it. I love it, it's got a vertical opening door which is a little flimsy but covers the cd / dvd bays nicely. I don't mind having to open and close it everytime.

Other users seem to complain about installing the larger type graphics cards like the 6800 series and up from Nvidia, but that's overreacted, I've got room enough for a 2nd card if I wanted to install that.

The lights in the front lit up nicely and I've got a psu which emits a blue light from the back to that nicely matches the color of the case.

Link to Newegg Gallery

It was a little expensive though.

Greetings,

Marcus.

Attached Files:

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Ahh yes Darth Vaders Coffee Machine, I do like those cases, they need no modding, with modding they'd look over the top and nasty.

12. eddieace

eddieace Geek Trainee

i'd have taken a pic of the desc but in its present condition thats not a very good idea

13. rimmer

rimmer Geek

hmmm marcus X, Either love it or hate it, im afraid I am one of the gang who hate it, but the pic with ur whole setup, I like it, but the case itself, 6/10 plus I think they are expensive. Soz, just bein honest, but I love the rest of your setup :D

14. rimmer

rimmer Geek

oh yeah, I almost forgot, nobody has rated my case, I bet it wont get over
    6/10, but hey!

VOTE MY CASE OUT OF 10, its on my pic below

[​IMG]

15. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

16. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

rimmer; I'd give it 5/10 :)

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Behold, my embarrasing setup from about a year ago that has changed little since. Aside from a new motherboard, RMA's video card and a new fangled 17" CRT up from my kick ass 15 incher it's the same deal. At least the case is easy to work with and can deflect gun fire if necessary.
    http://www.hardwareforums.com/ugly-pics-case-5349/
    On a more positive note the ones I'm seeing here are very cool, I've always liked the rigs that you Pelvis, and Matt555 have got there, very snazzy.

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Hehe thanks, it's a shame that underneath the cool exterior there's a poor excuse for a computer.

19. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

With a ram upgrade you'd be looking pretty respecatable, I mean you've overclocked your celery within 2 MHz of it's death so I'd say you're doing pretty well.

20. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Hehe yeah, that overclock's all thanks to my nice cooling, having my case helps too as it's covered in fine (probably 1.5mm or 2mm) holes and they allow lots of air to be drawn in.

I may try and take my Celery up to 3.3GHz (that's be a 700Mhz overclock) but I think I'm pretty much at the stable limit.

I used to be into the whole 'ricer' thing, but now I'd much rather have the sleek Antec P180, man that case is smooooooooth!