Realtek

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by QuiPetMonDe, Nov 26, 2005.

1. QuiPetMonDe

QuiPetMonDe Geek

It wont like me install the driver for it.

when i click setup it says

Realtek AC'97 Audio

Setup Failed To Launch installation engine:

The RPC server is unavailable.

How do i fix this?

2. Addis

Addis The King

3. QuiPetMonDe

QuiPetMonDe Geek

None of those work. What am i going to do? Is there anything else i have to install before i put the audio drivers in. For example, does directx need to installed?

4. Addis

Addis The King

Yes you should have the latest version of DirectX, v9c now.

5. QuiPetMonDe

QuiPetMonDe Geek

hmm, when i install directx it installs in a millisecond, then says finished but i cant find it anywhere on the computer.
    This is odd.
    Also i managed to get around the error by updating the driver via the device manager. :D
    I wonder why directx aint going in properly. How do i check if directx is on my comp.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If you're looking for something in the Start menu, you will not find DirectX there.

However, you can go to Start->Run. Type in 'dxdiag'.

7. QuiPetMonDe

QuiPetMonDe Geek

yea i just tried that, thanks, it worked, apparently directx 9.0c is on my system.

8. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Your best bet for Realtek drivers (assuming you are using the standard AC 97 codec) is searching for 'AC 97' on download.com. Alternatively go to Realtek's website and download the drivers there. If you are using Windows 2000/XP/2003, make sure you download the WDM drivers (these won't work on NT4.0/9x/ME). You can find drivers for these OS's by searching on download.com as well

Be aware though, my Realtek AC'97 was already pre-installed on my emachines (gateway) PC. When i decided to download the latest drivers, i was presented with all sorts of problems. For example, the sound would cut out every now and again when playing music in Realplayer.
    Therefore, your best bet for drivers is on the original driver disk provided by your PC manufacturer. If you don't have the disk, you can normally download the drivers from your PC manufacturers website.