Registry Machine Problem, please help

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Resonance456, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Resonance456

Resonance456 Geek Trainee

Hi all,

I turned on my computer this morning and had some windows vista updates which I then set my computer to download and then switch off once completed. Anyways I returned home a couple hours later and turned my computer on, when I did, I got a very stange message that I havn't seen before; it was only on the screen a short amount of time so I only managed a quick look, but from what I saw (it was only one line on a black screen before the OS actually started up) it said:
    "262/262 Registry machine component"

Does anybody know what this is, and if there is anything wrong with my computer? And if there is how can I fix it?

I have since restarted my computer and the message hasn't returned and everything seems to be normal, but I am still a little worried; so any help would be greatly appreciated.!

Thanks for any and all help.

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

don't worry it was probably referring to the checking something, 262 components of 262 where successfully scanned / checked

anyway, if there is no problem now we'll just say it was a Windows brain fart

BTW: if further problems occur that seem related or unrelated to this prob, please feel free to make another post with a link to this post

3. Resonance456

Resonance456 Geek Trainee

Oh then dude, thanks...

I mean, it was a bit strange and random, but so far it hasn't occured again... so I guess it must be like you say, a windows brain fart lol!

Well, if anything happens again then I'll post again!

Thanks anyways.

4. gw525254

gw525254 Geek Trainee

I received a similar message today: "8325/8325 (Registry/Machine/Components)" I run windows vista. Does anyone know what this means? thanks...