Samsung external HDD do not works

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by daz, Dec 7, 2010.

1. daz

daz Geek

Hello to all
    I have this annoying problem with my external hard drive. I had this one with it before but I have send it to Samsung and got replaced and surprisingly when I got a new one it is still not working. Basically when I connect it to my PC and power supply it just pips (sound from HDD) and it will not even start to spin and my pc will not read it.

If you have any suggestions please help me :)

Regards
    Dariusz Krak

2. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

Try using a different USB cable. Also connect the Hard drive from the back of the cpu.

3. daz

daz Geek

what do you mean by connecting my external hard drive from back of CPU? I have tried different USB cable and different power supply to.

4. HardwareHunter

I meant the USB ports on the back of the cpu. It is directly connected to the motherboard.

5. daz

daz Geek

Mate do you think that I would not have connect my USB ports to the motherboard. They are on the motherboard, additionally I have described that I have tried my external HDD this on different pcs.

6. HardwareHunter

I had the same problem too a few months ago, the usb port on the front of the cpu does not work for my hard drive. I connected it on the back of the cpu and it worked fine.

7. daz

daz Geek

OK, I get what you mean. But eventually I resolved my problem by reassembling this External HDD and putting it in to my pc as a internal one:)

8. HardwareHunter

I was thinking those two hard drives you got had a design flaw with the the enclosure. Glad to hear you got it to work at least.

9. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

That could be because they are disabled in BIOS or they simply arent connected to your motherboard.

10. daz

daz Geek

I have tried on different USB ports.