Samsung VM6000 Laptop (HELP)

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by yuler, Nov 17, 2005.

1. yuler

yuler Geek Trainee

Hello People

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that could help me with a problem i have with this laptop.

I was helping a friend out by saying i would format it for them (wish i hadnt now) but i cant seam to get the the Operating system back on the harddrive. I want to install XP on to the thing.

I cant get in to the BIOS to change the boot settings as its password protected and its that old no one knows it.

I have formated the hard drive so it is now blank. I have tried to start it with a ME startup disk and it does load with the floppy and tell me that my CD rom drive is D but when i try and change from the drive im on it says "Invalid drive specification".

If i cant install XP i will be happy to install 98 or ME just a operating system will do for now.

Im thinking that the CD drive could be no good so is it possible to connect the laptop to my PC and load the O/S from my CD drive on my PC to the laptops hard drive? If so how do i do that? or the other thing i thought is is it possible to connect the laptops harddrive straight to my PC and install it that way?

Last thing does anyone know how i can change or delete the BIOS password? Its easy on a PC but i have no idea on laptops.

Sorry its so long but i am stuck now with no more ideas. Thank you for reading this and thank you for any replys you may leave.