Setting Up Home Business Need Some Names

Discussion in 'IT Careers and Certification' started by BoBBYI986, May 12, 2009.

1. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi, all, Im currently going to setup my own business after a long hard struggle to get a job in pc hardware engineering. I've finally decided to setup a home business but can't think of any good company names. If any of you guys have any ideas please post.

Thanks in Advance Bobby

2. tuxified

tuxified Geek Trainee

hey BoBBY happy to hear that. I did recently the same thing, but never managed to get the right Label name. But if you go for a little drive downtown and get your eyes focused for the first time at almost every company's name, you gonna certainly figure out that they were picked up just in a random way. GOOGLE, Oracle what the heck is that ? But did the job ! didnt it ?, well anyway.

However, from a marketical perspective, always go for generic names, who knows, maybe you might want to extend your actual Field activities later on, henceforth, you won't be needing to change the whole company name and start from scratch, In a nutshell making it more flexible.

But from a simple consumer stand point, I will be tremendously thunderstrucked by technological namings, such as, let's say Sillicon Valley, HighTech, MicroSystem ... as long as they create somehow a kind of consumer confidence.

and note that the ease of pronunciation and recognition plays a major role in all that I mentioned before.

I'm ashamed to suggest you some names, actually due to my narrow imagination ha, but gonna make an effort and suggest you:
    Code:
    cube system, megahard, IronSystem, KernelSystem, 
    KISS said once : Keep It Short and simple !

Hope this helped and good luck with your company.

3. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi thanks for your reply and suggestions, I apreciate it but I've come up with this name " I.T Solutions Direct" what do you think? I am also gonna create a leaflet but a bit stuck on what to put on the leaflet, so far I've come up with a few ideas such as: No-Fix no Fee, no call out charge, will give courtasy pc whilst your's is being fixed. do you have any tips you could advise me with? to help with my leaflet? thanks alot bobby

4. tuxified

tuxified Geek Trainee

hey,

The name sounds good, and quiet modern, that's it, keep it direct ha
    The replacement Computer that was my idea :D and people just appreciate it a lot, but never gamble with new costing engines, unless you wanna get in deep troubles.

Those leaflet sologons are very compromising, and sound very good.
    But note that for the leaflet, try to keep things quiet concise about the available services and always take in consideration those smart people(a minority) who actually tend to laugh at every common leaflet slogons...

Don't forget to pour in some flagrant terminology, Innovation, scalability ..hehe.... These kinda terms used to intimidate a large part of people.

Some among them won't care about the written blurb, but would absolutely enjoy flirting with the paper if it was actually well designed so here is another hint ;)

For suggestions heheh I'm pretty stumped on how to go about it: I'm not good at it at all but let's make some efforts , what about a
    Code:
    The less you pay the more you get 
    :D

5. onegoodman

onegoodman Geek Trainee

hi bobby,

great idea to start home based business. I would like to ask, what will the website you want to setup is about ? it is better to get the name near to nich keywords related to your business. This will save you time doing SEO for your website.