Side Fans into this case?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Shimmerman, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Shimmerman

Shimmerman Geek Trainee

hello. Recently just built a custom PC. basically used the manual that came with the parts so my knowledge on pc building is only based around that.
    I want to install more fans into my pc, and was just wondering if anyone could actually tell me if this case can take side panel fans.

First thought was yes. But the website where I bought the case from has a picture of my model displayed and says only front panel and back panel 80mm only..

http://213.225.137.140/images/full/a70fr.jpg

On the side it seems clear that those are just vents, and there's no where for fans to be screwed in unless through modding.

But the side panel is not exactly the same as the side panel on the case I received. Even though this is the case with same model number I ordered from the same store.

[​IMG]

Can I put fans in there. If so what size. there are 8 holes on both vents.. Both vents are the same size. 120mm and 80mm?

Thanks

2. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

I can't see any reason why not, as the screws appear to be there...

I think the measurement would be the diameter, so you would have to measure that. What do the existing screws hold in? Mine had a CPU heat trapper thingy, which I took off and added a fan onto.

3. Shimmerman

Shimmerman Geek Trainee

Yeah just a circle bit of plastic that seems to be for trapping heat is what's there atm. I'm going to take some measurements and put some fans there. thanks for confirmation.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

does your case have two spots for fans or one? the one one the link has two spots. I cant see your photo to clear...

5. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

:confused::confused:

6. teraformer

teraformer Geek Trainee

Hmmm, I would be tempted to cut the panel and fit a sheet of perspex that will acommodate a 120mm fan ;) Not to hard to do if your carefull :cool: