Simultenous analog and digital output - is it possible?

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by chermesh, Sep 18, 2010.

1. chermesh

chermesh Geek Trainee

Hi,
    My system is connected both to a Samsung SyncMaster 940bw nonitor and to an LG tv set. My graphic card (Gainward, Geforce 9500 GT 1GB DDR2) is connected via digital connection and DVI to HDMI cable to my tv set while monitor is connected to the graphic card's analog plug.

My problem is that I can either see on my tv or on my monitor, not simultenously on both.

Following a long sequence of inqueries and discussion, I learnt that possible this annoying situation stems from the inability of my card to produce simultenously analog and digital graphic output. I sent an inquiry to Gainward, but got no answer.

Can you help me test this option (or answer my puzzle)? Can the graphic card mentioned above produce simultenously both analog and digital output?

If not, can you suggest a solution to my problem? Is there a way I can see simultenously both on my monitor and tv?

2. chermesh

chermesh Geek Trainee

I managed to locate a document for my card which answers my question (but still keeps my problem unsolved).

Here it is:

"Supports two monitors simultaneously,
    enabled by the NVIDIA nView™ Multi-Display
    Technology for office applications, 3D gaming
    and professional applications such as CAD,
    DTP, animation or video editing. NVIDIA
    nView™ allows end-users to select any
    combination of multiple displays".

If so, hat else can I do? Use a DVI splitter? a HDMI to DVI convertor? Else?